Barrel & Still are suppliers of distinctive drinks from around the world.
Our small (but perfectly formed!) team spends hours researching and tasting hundreds of products.
On the way we reject the vast majority - only the very best make the cut.
It's a continual process of improvement that has resulted in what we believe is one of the best ranges of wine, spirits, beers and ciders available anywhere.
We specialise in five areas:
- Finding the rare hidden gems, from little known regions, unusual grape varieties and small, family producers.
- Organic, biodynamic and natural wines, beers and spirits. We're huge fans and try to include as many of them in our range as possible, but only if they represent great value and outstanding quality. See our Sustainability page for more info about Organic, Biodynamic and Natural Wines.
- We love local! We stock many drinks, produced in the Westcountry by small local producers and we try and support them as much as possible, as long, of course, as they are good enough quality.
- Reasonable prices. We try our very best to stock a range of products for every situation - from everyday drinking to special occasions and gifts. We believe you don't have to spend a fortune to drink great wine, spirits, beers and ciders. Our prices are competitive with big suppliers like supermarkets and online wine retailers, but our quality, pound for pound is, we believe superior. We never sell just on price - quality is paramount.
- Outstanding service. This is the hardest thing to get right, but the most important. We are fanatical about ensuring our customers have the best experience possible when buying from us. If we get it wrong, as we occasionally do, please tell us - it's the only way to get better! If we get it right, please tell everyone!
We hope you enjoy browsing our site and we'd love to hear your feedback, either by email, in person or through our social media channels.
All the best,
The Barrel & Still Team:
Dom, James, Harry and Charlie.